Global Essential Oils Market: Overview
Global Essential Oils market is
expected to grow with a with a significant CAGR during the forecast period
2018-2025, owing to growing consumer tendency towards natural and
nutritive food & beverages, personal care, and aromatherapy products, increased use of essential oils in medicines are
driving the growth of the overall market. Moreover, the rising disposable
income of consumers, especially in developing and emerging regions, who are
willing to spend premium amount towards healthy, natural, and nutritional
products fuelling the market.
Growing consumer tendency towards
natural and nutritive food & beverages is majorly driving the market.
Nowadays, consumers across the globe are inclined to buy products that do not
involve modern synthetic inputs and will be beneficial for their health in the
long run. Organic food products made with essential oils are safer than the
widely available ones because there is no utilization of fertilizers,
pesticides, fungicides, etc. The presence of pesticides in the food products results into a number of diseases like
asthma, birth defects, cancer, reproductive dysfunction, diabetes, autism,
Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases and much more. Essential oils have healthy
and therapeutic benefits. They help extend the shelf life of the food products
as they have antioxidant and antimicrobial effects. All these factors are
positively driving the market.
Global Essential Oils Market: Product Type Analysis
Essential Oils are segmented in
various types which include Lavender, Orange, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemon, Spearmint, Rosemary,
· Orange Essential Oil segment is growing extensively with a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Orange has a wide variety of use in domestic, industrial as well as medical sector. In domestic sector, it is used to as an added flavor whereas industrially it is used as extracts in soaps, lotions, creams, room fresheners, soft beverages, biscuits, confectionery, etc. Increasing demand from the food and beverage industry is growing the orang essential oils market.
· Eucalyptus Essential oils in the global essential oils market is growing with a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Eucalyptus has various medicinal properties and is widely used in making of various medicines like chest rubs, sore throat sprays, inhalers, mouthwashes, etc. Demand for essential oil infused medicines across the globe is surging the demand for Eucalyptus essential oils.
Global Essential Oils Market: Application Analysis
· Food & Beverages is the fastest growing segment in the global essential oils market during the forecast period. People are increasingly becoming health conscious and thus opting for natural and mineral enriched foods. More and more food & beverage manufacturers are now thus shifting towards using essential oils for flavouring of foods since they are natural and they provide so many health benefits equally.
· Spa & Relaxation is the second fastest growing market for essential oils globally. Essential oils have so varied qualities and benefits that more and more spas and salons are using them to provide relaxing massage, release stress, provide antidepressant, antiseptic and other benefits.
Global Essential Oils Market: Distribution Channel Analysis
· Online Stores segment for the essential oils market is the fastest growing market and is expected to grow significantly with a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. Availability of all types of products at the convenience of the consumers is majorly driving the market. With the advent of technology, people can now choose from a variety of options, order at any time of the day, pay according to their convenience, and get the products delivered at their door steps. Thus, more and more people are shifting towards online suppliers to buy the essential oils and products.
· Supermarkets & Hypermarkets are growing steadily with a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are huge markets where a lot of products are available and displayed for customers to know and choose from. Availability of all variants, flavours, sizes etc. are constantly driving the growth of supermarkets & hypermarkets in the essential oils market.
Global Essential Oils Market: Regional Analysis
· North America is the leading region in the essential oils market and will grow with a steady CAGR during the forecast period. The market is mainly growing due to people growing more and more concern about their health and wellness along with introduction of complementary and alternative medicines.
· Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in the global essential oils market with a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Rising preference for natural ingredients in food and beverages and other products as well is majorly driving the market. India is expected to contribute for the highest market share followed by China.
Global Essential Oils Market: Competitive Dynamics
The Global Essential Oils market is dominated by a number of players, amongst them the major players are Biolandes, doTERRA International LLC, Essential Oils of New Zealand Ltd., Sydney Essential Oils Co. Pty Ltd, Young Living Essential Oils, The Lebermuth Company, Inc., Moksha Lifestyle Products, Farotti S.R.L., India Essential Oils, and Cargill. Companies in this industry are following different strategies to strengthen their market position.
1. Research Framework
1.1. Research Objective
1.2. Product Overview
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Qualitative Research
2.1.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
220.127.116.11. Quantitative Research
18.104.22.168. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.2. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.2.1. Secondary Research
2.2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Industry Participants
2.4. Market Size Estimation
2.5. Assumption for the Study
2.6. Market Breakdown & Data Triangulation
3. Executive Summary
4. Industry Insights
4.1. DROC Analysis
4.1.1. Growth Drivers
4.2. Regulatory Framework
4.3. By Top Company (Market Share 2018)
4.4. Growth Potential analysis, 2018
4.5. Strategic Outlook
4.6. Porter’s Five forces analysis
4.7. PESTEL Analysis
5. Global Essential Oil Market Overview
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value
5.2. Market Share & Forecast 2015-2025
5.2.1. By Product Type
22.214.171.124. Tea Tree
5.2.2. By Application
126.96.36.199. Food & Beverages
188.8.131.52. Spa & Relaxation
5.2.3. By Distribution Channel
184.108.40.206. Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
220.127.116.11. Online Stores
5.2.4. By Region
18.104.22.168. North America
22.214.171.124. Asia Pacific
6. North America Essential Oil Market
6.1. Key Regional Trends
6.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
6.2.1. By Application
6.2.2. By Country
7. Europe Essential Oil Market
7.1. Key Regional Trends
7.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
7.2.1. By Application
7.2.2. By Country
8. Asia Pacific Essential Oil Market
8.1. Key Regional Trends
8.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
8.2.1. By Application
8.2.2. By Country
126.96.36.199. South Korea
9. Latin America Essential Oil Market
9.1. Key Regional Trends
9.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
9.2.1. By Application
9.2.2. By Country
10. Middle East & Africa Essential Oil Market
10.1.Key Regional Trends
10.2.Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
10.2.1. By Application
10.2.2. By Country
10.2.2.1. Saudi Arabia
10.2.2.3. South Africa
11. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, SWOT Analysis and Strategic Outlook)*
11.2. doTERRA International LLC
11.3. Essential Oils of New Zealand Ltd.
11.4. Sydney Essential Oils
11.5. Young Living Essential Oils
11.6. The Lebermuth Company, Inc.
11.7. Moksha Lifestyle Products
11.8. Farotti S.R.L.
11.9. India Essential Oils
*Financial Details Not Be Captured in Case of Unlisted Companies
The segmentation and the companies are subjected to
modifications based on in-depth secondary for the final deliverable