Global Optical Film Market: Overview
The optical film market has encountered significant growth over the recent years and is projected to grow tremendously over the forecast period 2019-2025. Owing to the increasing demand for consumer electronics coupled with changing consumer lifestyle, is anticipated to boost the demand. The foremost drivers stimulating the optical film market are raising demand for large LCD and OLED display panels from the televisions and smartphones applications. Optical films with high moisture resistance, heat resistance, and optical durability against the bending and curving of display devices are being developed, particularly for the flexible display market.
Optical films are multilayer-coated films utilized in numerous display applications like anti-glaring (AG), anti-reflection (AR), light control & enhancement, display privacy, etc. The growing trend of digitalization in developing the market, rising demand for larger screen sized televisions, and mobile phones and increasing demand for smart electronic wearable devices are the prominent factors propelling the growth of this market. Growing consumer electronics market in the Asia Pacific, especially in India and China is driving the global optical films market.
• In May 2015, Samsung SDI signed Memorandum of Understanding with China’s Wuxi City for building a new polarizer plant to cater to the rising demand for big-screen TV from China in the polarizing film market. The company has planned to set up a production line so that its products can apply to the biggest market of eighth-generation LCD panels
• In March 2017, Sumitomo Chemical increased the production capacity of its film-based touchscreens panels for flexible OLED displays. Due to increased demand for OLED displays, the company has increased the production capacity of films-based touchscreens, which, in turn, will drive the optical film market.
• In October 2018, Zeon Corporation expanded the production capacity of ZeonorFilm optical film. The company plans to enlarge its manufacturing plant in Takaoka City, Japan. Owing to the growing demand for optical films, the company expanded its production capabilities. The operations are expected to begin from October 2019, which will help the company to grow its optical film business as well increase its revenue.
Optical Film Market: Film Type Analysis
On the basis of film type, the global optical film market segmented into Polarizing Film, Backlight Unit Film, and ITO Film. Among them, Polarizing film holds the largest market share over the forecast period as it is extensively applicable in both LCD and OLED displays for numerous applications. Polarizer protection films are generally smooth in finish and also controls the light coming from the display. Polarizing films hold high durability, which is capable of maintaining performance and quality of film for an extended period. They often used in conjunction with prism and reflector films. The polarizing film is perfect for a range of microscopy, display, and imaging applications.
Optical Film Market: Application Insights
Based on the application, the optical film market is bifurcated into Television, Desktop Monitors & Laptops, Smartphones & Tablets, Signage/Large Format display, and Automotive Display. Television application accounts for the lion’s share of the global optical film market during the forecast period. Introduction of advanced optical films technology involves the development of new materials and processing skills to highlight optical properties of displays and optoelectronic devices like increasing brightness, widening viewing angles, and lower reflection. Smartphones & Tablets are projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the overall optical film market.
Optical Film Market: Regional Analysis
Geographically, the optical film market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. The Asia Pacific is projected to remain the largest market by value and volume and is also anticipated to witness the highest growth over the forecast period. Owing to the economic expansion, rising per capita income, and urbanization across the region, particularly in India and China, is leading the demand for televisions, mobile phones, monitors, and other electronics. Countries in APAC like South Korea, China, and Japan have the presence of the largest optical film manufacturers, globally.
Objective of the Study:
• To analyze and forecast market size of the global optical film market in terms of value and volume
• To examine the careful market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms value, on the basis of region by segmenting optical film market into five regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America and their leading countries.
• To outline, categorized and forecast the global optical film market on the basis of film type, and application.
• To examine competitive developments like technological advancement, services, and regulative framework within the global optical film Market.
• To highlight the impact analysis of the factors, affecting the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders.
Global Optical film Market: Competitive Landscape
Companies such as LG Chem, Ltd., Hyosung Chemical, Toray Industries Inc., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., 3M, Zeon Corporation, Kolon Industries Inc., Sanritz Co., Ltd., Nitto Denko Corporation, and Samsung SDI are the leading players of optical film market across the globe.
Key Target Audience:
· Market research and consulting firms
· Industry associations
· Optical film manufacturers
· Research organizations and consulting companies
· Organizations, associations and alliances related to optical film market
· Regulatory bodies
Scope of the Report
By Film Type
· Polarizing Film
· Backlight Unit Film
· ITO Film
· Desktop Monitors & Laptops
· Smartphones & Tablets
· Signage/Large Format display
· Automotive Display
In addition, the report provides analysis of the optical film market with respect to the following geographic segments and their high performing regions:
· Rest of Europe
· Rest of APAC
· Rest of Latin America
· Saudi Arabia
· Rest of MEA
Business Questions answer by the report
· How will the market drivers, restraints and opportunities affect the market dynamics?
· What will be the market size in terms of value and volume and market statistics with detailed classification
· Which segment dominates the market or region and one will be the fastest growing and why?
· A comprehensive survey of the competitive landscape and the market participant players
· Analysis of strategy adopted by the key player and their impact on other players.
Customization Scope for the Client
Client satisfaction is our first and last priority. And that’s why BlueWeave Consulting offers customization according to Company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Additional Company Information
· With five additional company detail analysis.
· Additional country analysis.
· Detailed segment analysis.
1. Research Framework
1.1. Research Objective
1.2. Product Overview
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Qualitative Research
2.1.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.2. Quantitative Research
2.2.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.3. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.3.1. Secondary Research
2.3.2. Primary Research
2.4. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Industry Participants
2.5. Market Size Estimation
2.6. Assumption for the Study
2.7. Market Breakdown & Data Triangulation
3. Executive Summary
4. Industry Insights
4.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.1.1. Vendor Matrix
4.2. Pricing Analysis
4.3. Industry Impact and Forces
4.3.1. Growth Drivers
4.4. Technological Landscape
4.5. Company market share analysis, 2018
4.6. Growth Potential analysis, 2018
4.7. Porter’s Five forces analysis
4.7.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.7.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.7.5. Intensity of Rivalry
4.8. PESTEL Analysis
4.9. Strategic Outlook
5. Global Optical Film Market Overview
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value (USD Millions)
5.1.2. By Volume
5.2. Market Share & Forecast 2015-2025
5.2.1. By Film Type
18.104.22.168. Polarizing Film
22.214.171.124. Backlight Unit Film
126.96.36.199. ITO Film
5.2.2. By Application
188.8.131.52. Desktop Monitors & Laptops
184.108.40.206. Smartphones & Tablets
220.127.116.11. Signage/Large Format display
18.104.22.168. Automotive Display
5.2.3. By Region
22.214.171.124. North America
126.96.36.199. Asia Pacific
6. North America Optical Film Market
6.1. Key Regional Trends
6.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025
6.2.1. By Film Type
6.2.2. By Application
6.2.3. By Country
7. Europe Optical Film Market
7.1. Key Regional Trends
7.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025
7.2.1. By Film Type
7.2.2. By Application
7.2.3. By Country
188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
8. Asia Pacific Optical Film Market
8.1. Key Regional Trends
8.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025
8.2.1. By Film Type
8.2.2. By Application
8.2.3. By Country
184.108.40.206. Rest of APAC
9. Latin America Optical Film Market
9.1. Key Regional Trends
9.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025
9.2.1. By Film Type
9.2.2. By Application
9.2.3. By Country
220.127.116.11. Rest of Latin America
10. Middle East & Africa Optical Film Market
10.1. Key Regional Trends
10.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025
10.2.1. By Film Type
10.2.2. By Application
10.2.3. By Country
10.2.3.1. Saudi Arabia
10.2.3.3. Rest of MEA
11. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, SWOT Analysis and Strategic Outlook)
11.1. LG Chem, Ltd.
11.2. Hyosung Chemical
11.3. Toray Industries Inc
11.4. Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
11.6. Zeon Corporation
11.7. Kolon Industries, Inc.
11.8. Sanritz Co., Ltd.
11.9. Nitto Denko Corporation
11.10. Samsung SDI
11.11. Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
11.12. Dexerials Corporation
11.13. Benq Materials Corporation
11.14. SKC Inc.
11.15. Polatechno Co., Ltd.
11.16. Suntechopt Corporation
11.17. Cheng Mei Materials Technology Corp.
11.18. Shenzhen Sheng Wave Optoelectronic Technology Co., Ltd. (Sapo)
11.19. Teijin Limited
11.20. Toyobo Co. Ltd.