Global Plant Extracts Market: Overview
A plant extract is an active substance that is expelled from the tissue of a plant, for the most part, by treating it with a dissolvable, to be utilized for a specific reason. Extracts might be used in different applications such as practical foodstuff properties (antioxidant, texturizer), Processing aids, additives – chemical replacers, pharmaceuticals for therapeutic properties - preventive and curative – cosmetics for functional properties for beauty and well-being, etc. Advances in screening and partition advancements compute bioactivity with more prominent efficiency and accuracy. Plant extracts are utilized for different functionalities, for example, skin prescriptions, anti-irritants, anti-infective, etc. These extracts have applications in distinctive areas, for example, pharmaceuticals, food industry, cosmetics, and others.
Global Plant Extracts Market Forecast and Trends
The plant extracts market anticipated reaching significant growth, with a considerable CAGR of 14.8%. Factors such as rising R&D activities, rising plant extract advantages awareness among the public over synthetic products, enhancement in demand for food-boosting convenience, health benefits associated with herbal and phytomedicines over other drugs contributing to rising demand for plant extracts in the global market during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Rising awareness of synthetic flavors side effects
Increasing preference shift towards herbal phytomedicines over allopathic is the key factor anticipated to drive the growth of the global plant extracts market with a significant growth rate in the upcoming years 2019-2025. The key reason for preference shift are rising R&D activities, increasing clean label product demand, health benefits coupled with convenience food popularity.
Increasing R&D Activities
The rising expenditure on R&D activities in plant extract segments, coupled with a huge profit margin, is the key factor expected to drive the growth of the global plant extracts market in the forecast period of 2019-2025. Advantages related to phytomedicines makes the global market lucrative to attract investor and enhance the existing market growth trend.
Price fluctuation coupled with inadequate raw material supply
The price fluctuation expected to hamper the growth in the global plant extract market due to the presence of unorganized players. The inadequate supply is also anticipated to hamper the market trend in a negative manner during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Global Plant Extracts Market: Type
On the basis of type, the global plant extracts market is segmented into phytomedicines & herbal extracts, essential oils, spices, and flavors & fragrances. The rising industrial application associated with herbal extract and phytomedicines such as skincare, functional food, and cosmetics coupled with rising health benefits is the key factors anticipated to drive the demand of the phytomedicines segment in the global market in the forecasted period of 2019-2025. Rising premium lifestyle changes, healthy eating trend, inclination toward herbal product propelling the demand of global plant extract market in the upcoming years.
Global Plant Extracts Market: Application
On the basis of application, the global plant extracts market is segmented into pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements, food & beverages, cosmetics, and others. Increasing healthcare expenditure and government initiatives are the key factors for rising awareness associated with herbal medicines' advantages over allopathic medicines and driving growth in the dietary supplement segment. Changing lifestyle patterns, increasing stress, and chronic diseases are increasing the demand for regular food and supplement consumption. The nutritional supplements provide a positive impact on the functioning of the target in addition to nutritional benefits, and all the advantages are anticipated to drive the demand in the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Global Plant Extracts Market: Source
On the basis of the source, the global plant extracts market is segmented into fruits, flowers, and bulbs, leaves, rhizomes & roots, barks & stems, and others. Rising preference shift towards herbal medicine with rising OTC side effects is the key factor for the rising demand for herbs and leaves segment in the global plant extract market. In addition, other advantages such as antioxidant and antimicrobial properties making the herbs and leaves market lucrative and anticipated to drive the growth trend during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Global Plant Extracts Market: Regional Insights
Amidst geography, North America is expected to hold the largest share in the plant extracts the market, due to rising demand of organic extracts for the formulation of product in various industries such as cosmetic, pharma, food, etc., rising concern related to OTC medication side effects, increasing awareness associated with antimicrobial efficacy of herbal extract. Followed by North America, Europe is expected to share major market share contributions with factors such as the enhancement rate of essential oil consumption, huge availability of aromatic medicinal plants coupled with the rising food and beverage industry. Emerging economies such as China, India creating a positive impact on the growth of plant extract market with a rising demand of Chinese plant extract, technological advancement coupled with rich medicinal plant heritage during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
The Objective of the Study:
· To analyze and forecast the global plant extracts market size of the market, in terms of value.
· To examine the careful market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms value, based on the region by segmenting the global plant extracts market into five regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America and their leading countries.
· To outline, categorized and forecast the global plant extracts market based on the type, application and end user.
· To examine competitive developments like technological advancement, services, and regulative framework within the global plant extracts market.
· To highlight the impact analysis of the factors, affecting the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
· To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders.
Scope of the Report
· Essential oils
· Flavors & fragrances
· Phytomedicines & herbal extracts
· Pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements
· Food & beverages
· Others (personal care products and toiletries)
· Fruits, flowers, and bulbs
· Rhizomes & roots
· Barks & stems
· Others (seeds, pods, and berries)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
· International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. (IFF)
· Sensient Technologies
· Symrise AG
· Synthite Industries Private Ltd.
· PT. Indesso Aroma
· PT. Haldin Pacific Semesta
· Vidya Herbs Private Limited
· Arjuna Natural Extracts Ltd.
· Other Prominent Players
Business Questions Answer by The Report
• How will the market drivers, restraints and opportunities affect the market dynamics?
• What will be the market size in terms of value and volume and market statistics with a detailed classification?
• Which segment dominates the market or region and one will be the fastest growing and why?
• A comprehensive survey of the competitive landscape and the market participant players.
• Analysis of strategy adopted by the key player and their impact on other players.
Customization Scope for The Client
Client satisfaction is our first and last priority and that’s why BlueWeave Consulting offers customization according to company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Additional Company Information
· With five additional company detail analysis
· Additional country analysis
· Detailed segment analysis
1. Research Framework
1.1. Research Objective
1.2. Product Overview
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Qualitative Research
2.1.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.2. Quantitative Research
2.2.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.3. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.3.1. Secondary Research
2.3.2. Primary Research
2.4. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Industry Participants
2.5. Market Size Estimation
2.6. Assumption for the Study
2.7. Market Breakdown & Data Triangulation
3. Executive Summary
4. Global Plant Extracts Market - Industry Insights
4.1. DROC Analysis
4.1.1. Growth Drivers
4.2. Technological Landscape
4.3. Regulatory Framework
4.4. Company Market Share Analysis,2018
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.6. Pest Analysis
4.7. Strategic Outlook
5. Global Plant Extracts Market Overview
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value (USD Million)
5.2. Market Share & Forecast, 2015 – 2025
5.2.1. By Type
188.8.131.52. Essential oils
184.108.40.206. Flavors & fragrances
220.127.116.11. Phytomedicines & herbal extracts
5.2.2. By Application
18.104.22.168. Pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements
22.214.171.124. Food & beverages
126.96.36.199. Others (personal care products and toiletries)
5.2.3. By Source
188.8.131.52. Fruits, flowers, and bulbs
184.108.40.206. Rhizomes & roots
220.127.116.11. Barks & stems
18.104.22.168. Others (seeds, pods, and berries)
5.2.4. By Region
22.214.171.124. North America
126.96.36.199. Latin America
188.8.131.52. Middle East and Africa
6. North America Plant Extracts Market
6.1. Market Estimates & Forecast, 2015 - 2025
6.1.1. By Type
6.1.2. By Application
6.1.3. By Source
6.1.4. By Country
7. Europe Plant Extracts Market
7.1. Market Estimates & Forecast, 2015 - 2025
7.1.1. By Type
7.1.2. By Application
7.1.3. By Source
7.1.4. By Country
8. Asia-Pacific Plant Extracts Market
8.1. Market Estimates & Forecast, 2015 - 2025
8.1.1. By Type
8.1.2. By Application
8.1.3. By Source
8.1.4. By Country
184.108.40.206. South Korea
9. Latin America Plant Extracts Market
9.1. Market Estimates & Forecast, 2015 - 2025
9.1.1. By Type
9.1.2. By Application
9.1.3. By Source
9.1.4. By Country
10. Middle East & Africa Plant Extracts Market
10.1. Market Estimates & Forecast, 2015 - 2025
10.1.1. By Type
10.1.2. By Application
10.1.3. By Source
10.1.4. By Country
10.1.4.1. Saudi Arabia
10.1.4.3. South Africa
11. Company Profiles (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, and Strategic Outlook) *
11.2. International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. (IFF)
11.3. Sensient Technologies
11.4. Symrise AG
11.6. Synthite Industries Private Ltd.
11.7. PT. Indesso Aroma
11.8. PT. Haldin Pacific Semesta
11.9. Vidya Herbs Private Limited
11.10. Arjuna Natural Extracts Ltd.
11.11. Other Prominent Player
12. Strategic Recommendation
*Financial Details Not Be Captured in Case of Unlisted Companies
**The segmentation and the companies are subjected to modifications based on in-depth secondary for the final deliverable.