Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market Size, by Type (Discovery, CMC, Preclinical, Clinical Research, Laboratory Services), By Therapeutic Area (Oncology, CNS, Cardiovascular), End User (Pharmaceuticals & Medical Device), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa), Trend Analysis, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016-2026
- Published Date: October 2020
- Report ID: bwc20184
- Available Format: PDF
- Page: 178
Global Healthcare Contract
Research Organization Market Size - Industry Trends & Outlook Report 2026
The surge in savings in R&D from pharmaceutical companies and enormous drug ducts for discussing numerous long-lasting illnesses like nervous syndromes, metabolic disorders, and immunological ailments are the primary development drivers for the global healthcare CRO market. Furthermore, development in the outsourcing of biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical R&D activities, affordable leading trials, and high disappointment rate of drug clinical trials in developing regions are stimulating the worldwide healthcare CRO market. The surge in the number of mergers & acquisitions is the critical drift seen in the market. The Healthcare CRO market has knowledgeable fast development in the coming years. This is due to the growth in the costs distressing the clinical trials extending from drug discovery to the endorsement of post-marketing. Because huge statistics of molecules are not fruitful in clinical trials, sponsor companies and drug makers are subcontracting services to ease the monetary risks.
Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market: Market Outlook and Trends
Healthcare contract research organization usually provides aid to biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies in the form of research services outsourced on a bond basis. Diverse companies counting Covance, Parexel, and IQVIA, among others, are tangled in CRO services. Presently, IQVIA is the largest CRO in the world that emphasis digital health and artificial intellect. Furthermore, over the past few years, the contract research organization market has started thriving due to the shifting of CRO’s role in tenable services. Secured services include preclinical and clinical testing, detection as well as governing approval that will improve the overall business development.
Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market
Growing outsourcing of R&D activities will boost the industry demand
Pharmaceutical firms are progressively outsourcing research actions to private contract research organizations (CROs) and educational organizations that will ultimately increase the industry's request. Pharma firms are accepting this plan to continue elastic and modest. The R&D activities that companies elect to outsource include a wide range of tasks, from basic investigation to late-stage growth. These include assay development, genetic engineering, target validation, lead optimization, hit survey, efficacy and safety tests in animal models, and clinical trials regarding humans. Thus, aspects, as mentioned above, thereby, should hurry the contract research organization's market growth.
However, issues about intellectual property rights in institutional research and technology transfer may hamper contract research organization industry development over forthcoming years.
Government initiatives for conducting specific clinical trials will provide substantial growth opportunities
The therapeutic area segment is divided into cardiology, oncology, neurology, clinical pharmacology, infectious disease, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, and hepatology. The cardiology section accounted for around USD 1.2 billion in 2018, owing to the growing occurrence of circulatory disorders. According to Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics 2017, the maximum number of Americans suffered from circulatory diseases that will provide considerable segmental opportunities. Furthermore, several structures and initiatives assumed by the government will enhance contract research organization market growth. For instance, the European Cardiovascular Research Institute (ECRI) provides a specific structure additional conduct exact clinical hearing for better patient management.
Impact of COVID-19
The fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging for many life sciences companies due to a wide range of factors including impaired access to the healthcare system, travel restrictions, new guidance from regulatory agencies, and a shift in healthcare resources to fighting the pandemic. As a result, many companies around the world conducting clinical research have been forced to change trial protocols, delay trial recruitment, and progress, and rethink timelines for regulatory submissions, approvals, and product launches.
Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market: Segmentation
Based on type, clinical research credited for the leading share, which can be credited to fast development in the elderly populace and the following surge in the occurrence of chronic syndromes, growing the growth of new drugs, and rising receipt of indication-based medicine for various healing areas.
Based on the therapeutic area, oncology is credited for the central part of the worldwide CRO services market in 2019. The global CRO services market, by therapeutic region, is segmented into oncology, metabolic disorders, CNS disorders, infectious diseases, CVS disorders, respiratory disorders, immunological disorders, ophthalmology, and other therapeutic areas. The large share of the oncology section can be credited to the growing number of clinical trials and the rising prevalence of cancer universal.
In 2019, the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies section accounted for the largest share of the market. The significant percentage of this segment can be credited to the augmented subcontracting of early-stage growth services and clinical and laboratory-testing services by pharmaceutical companies to boost profit limits, evade high capital spending, and decrease the time duration to validate the process and product.
Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market: Regional Insights
India and China have expected to knowledge the enormous growth soon because of their treatment patient pool joined with the incidence of high disease. Besides, highly fit agents, well-equipped hospitals and hereditarily dissimilar people are the reasons for producing opportunities for the development of the healthcare CRO market. Asia-Pacific has the second-largest share of the CRO production market, as the share of its ingesting market is very less. This is because of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in Western Europe and the United States is progressively outsourcing their complete research activities to CROs in the developing areas to switch cost.
The leading players in the Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market include IQVIA (US), LabCorp (US), Syneos Health (US), PAREXEL (US), PPD (US), ICON plc (Ireland), PRA Health Sciences (US), and Charles River (US).
· Nov-2019, Syneos Health signed a partnership agreement with AiCure, an AI and advanced data analytics company. The partnership drives faster and smarter trials for optimizing patient engagement.
· Oct-2019, Parexel came into partnership with Datavant, a company that provides solutions for helping institutions protect, match, and share health data. The partnership was aimed to connect real-world data across the clinical trials Parexel conducts.
Scope of Report
Historical data – 2016-2018
Base Year – 2019
Forecast – 2020 – 2026
Revenue in USD Billion
U.S, Canada, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, China, India, UAE, South Africa, Saudi Arabia .
By Type, By Therapeutic Area, By End User, By Region
The leading players considered for market analysis are IQVIA (US), LabCorp (US), Syneos Health (US), PAREXEL (US), PPD (US), ICON plc (Ireland), PRA Health Sciences (US), and Charles River (US).
· By Type
ü Clinical Research
ü Laboratory Services
· By Therapeutic Area
· By End User
ü Medical Device
· By Region
ü North America
ü Asia Pacific
ü South America
ü Middle East & Africa
The objective of the Study:
• To analyze and forecast the Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market size of the market in terms of value.
• To examine the careful market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms of value, based on the region by segmenting.
• The Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market into five regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South America, and their leading countries.
• To outline, categorized, and forecast the Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market based on the by Type, by Therapeutic area, by end user, by Regional.
• To examine competitive developments, like by Type, by Therapeutic area, by end user, by Regional within the Global Healthcare Contract Research Organization Market.
• To highlight the impact analysis of the factors affecting the market dynamics such as growth drivers.
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders.
Business Questions Answer by the Report
• How will the market drivers, restraints, and opportunities affect the market dynamics?
• What will be the market size in terms of value and volume and market statistics with a detailed classification?
• Which segment dominates the market or region, and one will be the fastest - growing, and why?
• A comprehensive survey of the competitive landscape and the market participant players
• Analysis of strategy adopted by the key player and their impact on other players.
Customization Scope for the Client
Client satisfaction is our first and last priority, and that is why BlueWeave Consulting offers customization according to Company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Additional Company Information
• With five additional company detail analysis
• Additional country analysis
- Global small animal imaging reagents Market size- Industry Trends & Forecast Report 2027.
- Bone Densitometer Market | Growing at a CAGR of 4.8%- 2017-2027 | BlueWeave
- Lignin Product Market Size, Share, Forecast Report – 2025| BWC Research
- Global EMI Shielding Market
- AI in Healthcare Market Size- Industry Trends & Forecast Report 2026
WHY CHOOSE US
24/7 Research support
Get your queries resolved from an industry expert. Request for a free product review before report purchase.
Coustom Research Service
Ask the Analyst to customize an exclusive study to serve your research needs
Quality & Accuracy
Ask the Analyst to customize an exclusive study to serve your research needs
As the business world is changing dynamically every day. We need to stay pin point in relation to data management and optimum data utilization
We never share your personal and confidential information. Your personal information is safe and secure with us.