Rolling Stock Market: Overview
The rolling stock market presents promising growth prospects and projected to have an upward trend over the forecast period 2019-2025. Rolling stock means that any vehicle that runs on a rail track. Rolling stock has aided easy transportation with benefits like cost-effectiveness, reliability, and comfort. Sanction of new railway lines and projects such as high-speed railway coupled with an increasing need for energy-efficient transport are the significant factors estimated to fuel the market. The transportation infrastructure is snowballing. Growing population, industrialization, and government initiatives to provide faster cleaner, and safest transport system are key drivers to promote the growth of the global rolling stock market. Numerous countries are more focused on the improvements of the public transportation systems, especially the rail infrastructure.
Several countries are increasing their rail infrastructure owing to the growing population and rapid urbanization. Locomotives are being used to haul a myriad of goods like oil, agriculture products, and construction equipment. Many industries like oil and gas, manufacturing, automotive, and mining are benefiting from the cost benefits offered by rolling stock. The high capacity, speed, and economy provided by the rolling stock are majorly used in the goods transportations. The growing use of rolling stocks in industrial applications has driven the demand for the rolling stock. Furthermore, government initiatives to promote public transport as a means of reducing traffic congestion and pollution is also strengthening the global rolling stock market.
Rolling Stock Market: Product Analysis
Based on the product, the rolling stock market categorized as Locomotives, Rapid Transit, and Wagon. Rapid Transit segment holds the largest market share of the entire rolling stock market due to high speed and better comfort provided by these vehicles. Moreover, the demand for automated trains and magnetic levitation trains for public transportation is expected to rise over the forecast period. The wagon segment is estimated to be the largest market, in terms of value, in 2018, attributed to the growing demand for dedicated freight corridor. Due to economical and reliable various industries are adopting rail wagons for transportation of goods. Car carrier wagons, flat wagons, hopper wagons, and tank wagons, among others, are the most commonly used wagon types for transporting goods.
Rolling Stock Market: Type Analysis
The global rolling stock market has been segmented based on type as Diesel and Electric-type. Diesel segment leads the overall market. They are broadly used in industries like oil and gas, mining, and manufacturing for transportation of goods due to their features such as cost-effectiveness and high-torque engines. Electric vehicles are projected to be the fastest-growing segment in the rolling stock market owing to benefits like reduced pollution and enhanced efficiency of vehicles. Electric trains are eco-friendly and emit 20%-30% less carbon monoxide as compared to diesel trains. Rising awareness regarding environmental pollution is further encouraging the use of electric vehicles for transportation.
Rolling Stock Market: Application Insights
Based on the application, the rolling stock market segmented into Passenger Transportation and Freight. Rail freights are used for transportation of goods and are a part of the logistics chain. In 2018, Freight transportation dominated the application segment of the entire rolling stock market. They have a wide range of applications in the automotive, oil and gas, mining, and construction industries. Demand for passenger transportation has been continuously growing globally. Additionally, passenger rails are mass transit systems and hence, more cost-effective than roadways. Trams, metros, and high-speed trains are the most preferred passenger rails, due to their faster transportation service.
Rolling Stock Market: Regional Insights
Geographically, the rolling stock market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. The Asia Pacific is the dominating region of the rolling stock industry due to the growing demand for passenger coaches and freight wagons for new and existing rail lines across all regions. China is a pivotal contributor to the growth of the market in the region. The growth of the regional market attribute to large-scale adoption of rail vehicles for transporting passengers and goods and rising investments in metro and electric trains in countries like China, India, and Taiwan.
· To analyze and forecast market size of the global rolling stock market in terms of value.
· To examine the careful market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms value, on the basis of region by segmenting rolling stock market into five regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, , Middle East & Africa, Latin America and their leading countries.
· To outline, categorized and forecast the global rolling stock market on the basis of product, type, application and locomotive technology.
· To examine competitive developments like technological advancement, services, and regulative framework within the global rolling stock market.
· To highlight the impact analysis of the factors, affecting the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
· To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders.
Global Rolling Stock Market: Competitive Landscape
Companies such as Dell CRRC, Bombardier, Alstom, Siemens, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, General Electric, Transmashholding, Stadler, Construcciones Y Auxiliar De Ferrocarriles (CAF), Hyundai Rotem, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Talgo, Hitachi, ABB, Toshiba, Woojin Industrial Systems, Thales Group, American Equipment Company, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW), and UGL are the leading players of rolling stock market across the globe.
Key Target Audience:
· Market research and consulting firms
· Industry associations
· Global rolling stock manufacturers
· Research organizations and consulting companies
· Organizations, associations and alliances related to rolling stock market
· Regulatory bodies
· Railway organizations
· Traders, distributors, and suppliers of rolling stock
Scope of the Report
· Rapid Transit
· Passenger Transportation
· Freight Transportation
By Locomotive Technology
· Conventional Locomotives
· Turbocharged Locomotives
In addition, the report provides analysis of the rolling stock market with respect to the following geographic segments and their high performing regions:
· Rest of Europe
· Rest of APAC
· Rest of Latin America
· Saudi Arabia
· Rest of MEA
Business Questions answer by the report
· How will the market drivers, restraints and opportunities affect the market dynamics?
· What will be the market size in terms of value and volume and market statistics with detailed classification
· Which segment dominates the market or region and one will be the fastest growing and why?
· A comprehensive survey of the competitive landscape and the market participant players
· Analysis of strategy adopted by the key player and their impact on other players.
Customization Scope for the Client
Client satisfaction is our first and last priority. And that’s why BlueWeave Consulting offers customization according to Company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Additional Company Information
· With five additional company detail analysis.
· Additional country analysis.
· Detailed segment analysis.
1. Research Framework
1.1. Research Objective
1.2. Product Overview
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Qualitative Research
2.1.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.2. Quantitative Research
2.2.1. Primary & Secondary Sources
2.3. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.3.1. Secondary Research
2.3.2. Primary Research
2.4. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Industry Participants
2.5. Market Size Estimation
2.6. Assumption for the Study
2.7. Market Breakdown & Data Triangulation
3. Executive Summary
4. Industry Insights
4.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.1.1. Vendor Matrix
4.2. Industry Impact and Forces
4.2.1. Growth Drivers
4.3. Technological Landscape
4.4. Company market share analysis, 2018
4.5. Growth Potential analysis, 2018
4.6. Porter’s Five forces analysis
4.6.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.6.5. Intensity of Rivalry
4.7. PESTEL Analysis
4.8. Strategic Outlook
5. Global Rolling Stock Market Overview
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value
5.2. Market Share & Forecast 2015-2025
5.2.1. By Product
22.214.171.124. Rapid Transit
5.2.2. By Type
5.2.3. By Application
126.96.36.199. Passenger Transportation
5.2.4. By Locomotive Technology
188.8.131.52. Conventional Locomotives
184.108.40.206. Turbocharged Locomotives
5.2.5. By Region
220.127.116.11. North America
18.104.22.168. Asia Pacific
6. North America Rolling Stock Market
6.1. Key Regional Trends
6.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
6.2.1. By Product
6.2.2. By Type
6.2.3. By Country
7. Europe Rolling Stock Market
7.1. Key Regional Trends
7.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
7.2.1. By Product
7.2.2. By Type
7.2.3. By Country
22.214.171.124. Rest of Europe
8. Asia Pacific Rolling Stock Market
8.1. Key Regional Trends
8.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
8.2.1. By Product
8.2.2. By Type
8.2.3. By Country
126.96.36.199. Rest of APAC
9. Latin America Rolling Stock Market
9.1. Key Regional Trends
9.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
9.2.1. By Product
9.2.2. By Type
9.2.3. By Country
188.8.131.52. Rest of Latin America
10. Middle East & Africa Rolling Stock Market
10.1. Key Regional Trends
10.2. Market estimates & forecast, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
10.2.1. By Product
10.2.2. By Type
10.2.3. By Country
10.2.3.1. Saudi Arabia
10.2.3.3. Rest of MEA
11. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, SWOT Analysis and Strategic Outlook)
11.1. Dell CRRC
11.5. Kawasaki Heavy Industries
11.6. General Electric
11.9. Construcciones Y Auxiliar De Ferrocarriles
11.10. Hyundai Rotem
11.11. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
11.16. Woojin Industrial Systems
11.17. Thales Group
11.18. American Equipment Company
11.19. Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW)