Global Autonomous Train Technology Market Size, By Type (Metro, Light Rail, and Bullet Train/HSR), By Level of Automation (GoA 1, GoA 2, GoA 3, and GoA 4), By Application (Passenger Train, and Freight Train), By Technology (Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), European Railway Traffic Management System (ETRMS), Automatic Train Control (ATC), Positive Train Control (PTC)), By Component (Camera, Accelerator, Odometer, Tachometer, Radio Set, and Others), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America); Trend Analysis, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016-26
- Published Date: January 2020
- Report ID: BWC19377
- Available Format: PDF
- Page: 175
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market Overview:
Autonomous trains, too known as driver less trains, are operated automatically without any human intervention. They are monitored from the control station. In case of any obstacle experienced in the route, a message is sent to the operational administration center and then to the attendant on the train, to stop the train. Owing to the increase in traffic congestion on the road networks, the need for smart and frequent trains is fueling the growth of the global autonomous train market.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market Forecast and Trends
The global Autonomous Train Technology Market is anticipated to grow nearly at a CAGR of 5.1% to expected to reach $11.7 Billion by 2026. Due to the surge in demand for safety, security, reliable, affordable, and efficient transportation propelling the Autonomous Train Technology Market growth at a very high rate in the forecast horizon. The significant factors that are influencing the growth of the autonomous train include a surge in the allocation of budget for the development of railways, a rise in demand for secure, safer, and efficient transport; a decline in pollution & accidents; heightened passenger capacity & reliability.
The deployment of autonomous trains makes it convenient to add or remove the new train from the system without impacting the system and without waiting for train availability or staff availability. Thus, the availability of trains during off-peak and night hours is possible due to an increase in flexibility, which drives the adoption of the autonomous train technology market. Improvement in railway infrastructure, particularly in developing countries, and growth in freight transport through train is opportunistic for market expansion. All these factors are anticipated to have a definite impact on the autonomous train technology market during the forecast period.
Increase in budget allocation for the development of railways
The concept of the autonomous train is widely adopted by the developing as well as developed countries. The adoption of this technology is expensive, as this requires upgradations of several components like signaling technologies, monitoring, etc., the governments are continuously increasing the rail budgets to enhance the infrastructure.
Rise in demand for secure, safer, and efficient transport system
Autonomous trains have fewer chances of rail fatalities, owing to the deployment of upgraded technologies such as communication-based train control (CBTC). The rail fatalities can be decreased by installing an onboard camera, sensors, communication devices, and more. Besides, in most locations, autonomous trains run underground or are at the ground level and are highly secured by fences or walls to prevent intruding.
High Deployment Cost and Security Concerns
A rise in the possibility of hacking the system and the high cost of automating the railways may hamper the growth of the market. If a system of autonomous train technology is hacked, then it will incur the loss of data, loss of life, and property.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market: Type
Based on type, the Autonomous Train Technology Market segmented into Metro, Light Rail, and Bullet Train/HSR. High-speed rails/bullet trains segment is expected to have the fastest growth, due to the surge in demand for safety systems, efficiency, and ease of operation.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market: Level of Automation
On the premise of Level of Automation, the Autonomous Train Technology Market segregated into GoA 1, GoA 2, GoA 3, and GoA 4. GoA 4 is expected to grow at a very high CAGR during the forecast horizon, due to its safety features. GoA 4 is consuming less energy, wear and tear of the components are less, and provides more passenger room, which is fueling the autonomous train technology market.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market: Application
Based on Application, the Autonomous Train Technology Market bifurcated into Passenger Train, and Freight Train. The surge in freight transport through railway is predicted to fuel the growth of the global autonomous train technology market during the forecast horizon 2016-2026.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market: Technology
Based on Technology, the Autonomous Train Technology Market segmented into Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), European Railway Traffic Management System (ETRMS), Automatic Train Control (ATC), and Positive Train Control (PTC). CBTC segment is expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period due to its cost-effectiveness, ease in the implementation, maintenance & expansion, safety, and highly advanced nature. ETRMS segment is expected to have the highest growth, owing to its security, punctuality, reliability, and traffic capacity.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market: Component
Based on Component, the Autonomous Train Technology Market segregated into Camera, Accelerator, Odometer, Tachometer, Radio Set, and others. Camera segment is projected to have the fastest growth, due to the facility it offers like safety, monitoring, and sharing data about the overload capacity, hence, propelling the autonomous train technology in the forecast period.
Global Autonomous Train Technology Market: Regional insights
By geography, the global Autonomous Ships Market segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest growing market, due to the high acceptance of technology, quantity of projects undertaking, and increase in government spending towards railway transportation.
The objective of the Study:
· To analyze and forecast the global Autonomous Train Technology Market size of the market, in terms of value.
· To examine the careful market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms value, based on the region by segmenting the Global Autonomous Train Technology Market into five regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South America and their leading countries.
· To outline, categorized and forecast the global Autonomous Train Technology Market based on the type, level of automation, application, technology, and component.
· To examine competitive developments like technological advancement, services, and regulative framework within the global Autonomous Train Technology Market.
· To highlight the impact analysis of the factors, affecting the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
· To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders.
Scope of the Report
· Light Rail
· Bullet Train/HSR
By Level of Automation
· GoA 1
· GoA 2
· GoA 3
· GoA 4
· Passenger Train
· Freight Train
· Communication Based Train Control (CBTC)
· European Railway Traffic Management System (ETRMS)
· Automatic Train Control (ATC)
· Positive Train Control (PTC)
· Radio Set
· North America
· Asia Pacific (APAC)
· Latin America
· Middle East & Africa
· Alstom S.A.
· Bombardier Transportation
· CRRC Transportation
· General Electric
· Hitachi Ltd.
· Kawasaki Heavy Industries
· Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
· Siemens AG
· Thales Group
· Other Prominent Players
Business Questions answer by the report
· How will the market drivers, restraints and opportunities affect the market dynamics?
· What will be the market size in terms of value and volume and market statistics with a detailed classification?
· Which segment dominates the market or region and one will be the fastest growing and why?
· A comprehensive survey of the competitive landscape and the market participant players
· Analysis of strategy adopted by the key player and their impact on other players.
Customization Scope for the Client
Client satisfaction is our first and last priority and that is why BlueWeave Consulting offers customization according to Company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Additional Company Information
· With five additional company detail analysis
· Additional country analysis
· Detailed segment analysis
- Global Topical Drug Delivery Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019-2025
- Global Plastic Strap Market Size, Trend Analysis, Market Share & Outlook, 2016-2026
- Global 3D Scanner Market Growth, Trends, and Industry Analysis – 2025
- Global Electromechanical Relay Market Size, Share, Trends And Forecast Report – 2025
- Global Big Data Market Outlook, Insights, Growth Opportunity by 2019-2025
WHY CHOOSE US
24/7 Research support
Get your queries resolved from an industry expert. Request for a free product review before report purchase.
Coustom Research Service
Ask the Analyst to customize an exclusive study to serve your research needs
Quality & Accuracy
Ask the Analyst to customize an exclusive study to serve your research needs
As the business world is changing dynamically every day. We need to stay pin point in relation to data management and optimum data utilization
We never share your personal and confidential information. Your personal information is safe and secure with us.